If your automobile has bad odors you just can’t shake, here are some helpful tips from Bell Mitsubishi in Rahway, New Jersey for removing bad auto odors!
If you’ve ever entered your vehicle and thought, “my car smells,” then Bell Mitsubishi of Rahway, New Jersey has just the tips for you to remove those bad auto odors! If those smells are coming from the engine then it’s probably best to bring your vehicle by our service and parts department for us to take a look at it. However, if you think that weird car smell is simply from something you’ve spilled, follow these helpful tips to remove bad auto odor.
The most common and effective ways to remove auto odors from your interior include:
- Vacuum or Steam Clean: simply vacuuming the carpet, or steam cleaning for deeper smells and stains, can work wonders for eliminating odors.
- Baking Soda: if you’ve spilled something on your vehicles interior carpet, sprinkle some baking soda on top, leave it for a few hours and then vacuum up the baking soda.
- Charcoal: perhaps much to your surprise, charcoal is used in air and water filters as one of the most effective substances to absorb smells. Simply leave a piece of charcoal in your car for a few days and notice how it absorbs bad odors.
- Air Fresheners: you can mask bad odors by installing your favorite air freshener scent, mint extract or citrus oils.
- Air Deodorizer: for more intense smells like cigarette smoke or gasoline, spray air deodorizer through the intake valve to work throughout the entire system.
If you have any questions on these processes, don’t hesitate to contact our team at Bell Mitsubishi. From sales to automotive service and repair, Bell Mitsubishi serves New York, New Jersey and Philadelphia with superior care!